10 Business Grants & Programs For Black Content CreatorsAug 20, 2023
Here are 10 business grants and programs specifically designed for black content creators. These opportunities aim to support and uplift black voices in the content creation industry. Review each opportunity's specific eligibility requirements and deadlines to maximize your chances of success:
1. Pinterest Creator Fund: Pinterest's creator fund is an $500,000 initiative that offers content creators up to $25,000 in cash and advertising credits. As a fund member, you'll receive hands-on training, personalized consulting, and a four-week workshop to enhance your skills in creating idea pins, leveraging Pinterest trends, and measuring campaign success. https://business.pinterest.com/blog/apply-pinterest-creator-fund/
2. #BlackTikTok Creator Program: This four-month program connects black creators with the TikTok team, fostering connection, education, entertainment, and inspiration. By participating, you'll have the opportunity to meet other black creators, gain insights into content strategy, and learn how to secure financial gains. Exclusive events and perks further elevate your craft. https://www.tiktok.com/@blacktiktok/video/7244957178833014058
3. #YouTubeBlackVoices Grant Program: YouTube's #YouTubeBlackVoices Fund was established to amplify unique black perspectives and experiences, emphasizing economic equity and the intellectual power of the black YouTube community. This program aims to equip black creators, artists, songwriters, and producers with the necessary resources to reach their full potential on the platform. https://www.youtube.com/intl/ALL_ng/creators/black-voices-fund/
4. AnnuityFreedom.net’s BIPOC Small Business Marketing Grant: For black-owned and minority-owned businesses in need of marketing assistance, this program offers free SEO evaluations, advice, and planning. There is no cap on the number of possible marketing grant recipients per month, and winners are selected on a rolling basis. Check their website for more details. https://www.annuityfreedom.net/financial-literacy/black-grants/
5. Comcast RISE: Comcast RISE has provided over $110 million in grants to support entrepreneurs through monetary, marketing, and technology services. This program offers complimentary marketing, financial grants, business consulting, entrepreneurship training, and more. Keep an eye out for future application opportunities. https://www.comcastrise.com/apply/
6. NASE Grants for Small Businesses: The National Association for the Self-Employed (NASE) supports micro-business owners with grants of up to $4,000 each. To be considered, you must join NASE and remain in good standing for at least three months before applying. https://www.nase.org/become-a-member/grants-and-scholarships/growth-grants
7. FedEx Small Business Grant Contest: FedEx runs an annual initiative that awards U.S.-based small businesses grants ranging from $15,000 to $50,000. Stay updated on their website for information on the next entry period. https://www.fedex.com/en-us/small-business/grant-contest.html
8. LinkedIn Creator Accelerator Program: LinkedIn's Creator Accelerator Program provides resources and coaching to support creators on the platform. Participants receive a six-week incubator-style program, coaching on idea generation, audience growth, and engagement, a financial award, and early access to LinkedIn tools. https://members.linkedin.com/creators
9. Twitch Partner Program: If you're passionate about streaming and ready to level up, the Twitch Partnership Program invites creators to become partners. This program is open to creators who stream various content, from games and music to talk shows and art. Twitch is looking for creators who engage their audience, produce exceptional content, and find unique ways to stand out. https://www.twitch.tv/partner/signup
10. Coalition to Back Black Businesses: The Coalition to Back Black Businesses has distributed $8.5 million in cash grants to over 1,400 black small business owners. They also offer mentoring and additional resources to help small businesses thrive. Stay updated on their website for information on the next application period. https://webackblackbusinesses.com
These grants and programs are specifically designed to uplift and support black content creators like yourself. Don't be afraid to apply and get your name out there. Remember, these are only a few of the opportunities available for Black creators. So, keep researching, keep learning, and keep creating.Your voice, your art, and your content matter, and there are plenty of people and organizations ready to support you and your dreams. Go ahead and let your creativity shine!
Claim Your Free Trial
TAP HERE to enter the Boss Chicks Networking Lounge + upgrade your subscription to receive INSTANT ACCESS to our library of business courses, ebooks, tools and resources.
See you Inside!